Monday, May 1, 2017

Camp NaNoWriMo and April Round Up






Just have to start off with that. Yup, that picture above with the wild beasts. Not quite sure why NaNoWriMo went with them, but whatever... I earned it. 15 thousand words. Okay, okay... it's not as impressive as 20 or 30 or, heavens, 50 thousand, but fifteen thousand words is impressive for me. I'm patting myself on the back and cheering on all my author friends who committed and worked towards, even if they didn't make it, their goal.

The higher goal then even the word count was the goal of creating eight scenes for my work-in-progress. Eight scenes were indeed created, each ranging from 500 to 2000 words. Writing distinct scenes not in a linear fashion is a concept/technique I've not done before, and I have to say, I'm finding it a fascinating way to write. I don't consider myself a plotter in any way shape or form, but lately, I've been toying with a general outline. Essentially this story falls into that pattern. We---my co-author and I--- have a story arc, the idea of scenes is discussed, and then one of us writes it. Eventually, we'll have enough scenes to plot out on a time line. Once we complete the timeline then we get to the gritty part of trying to merge them into a cohesive whole.

April saw the completion of a massive beta/edit read for Natsuya. I'm excited to see the finished product in a few months. He (and I) worked hard to create a new high fantasy world. He's also already plotting to have me start book two, but for the next few months, it's all me...

And Wulf. God, I love working with Francu (Wulf) Godgluck. He creates these amazing "alpha" bad boy motorcycle club men that get their buttons pushed hard by their "boys". Of Gods and Monsters III is going to rip out your hearts. He's made me almost cry twice already, and I've only just reached chapter 8.



Moving into May now, I'll get SJS V edited and out to Debbie, my editor/publisher over at Beaten Track Publishing. The story is slated for another anthology, but, as always, will also be available as a separate purchase. I'll leave you with another song from Cue the Music:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!